Tudor Close was opened in 1934. There is a Pathé newsreel item called “Luxury for the little man” here:
Records on the Grand Surrey Canal Company and Rush Common and the Washway: Memorandum of agreement between the Enclosure Commissioners and John Miles about the land subject to purchase by the Canal Company, with option of Christopher Chryssell Hall to purchase the latter, 31 March, annotated by Miles
Records on the Grand Surrey Canal Company and Rush Common and the Washway: Petition of Christopher Chryssell Hall and other tenants of the manor to the lord chancellor about compensation for their rights to common in the lands purchased by the Canal Company
Date: 10 April 1807
Held by: Lambeth Palace Library, not available at The National Archives
The prettiest street in Brixton: http://www.urban75.org/blog/unseen-brixton-archbishops-place-sw2/
The 1886 indenture mentions a William Hey who leased from 1851.
We know from The Gazette that an architect called William Hey went bankrupt in 1867 =
William Hey, of Meadow Row, New Kent Road,
but now known as 41, Rockingham Street, Newington
Causeway, and also at Penge Common, all in Surrey,
Booth: The Streets of London: B370 P69:
Dr. Thomas Edwards, husband of Mary Cressingham, built the private roads whig are now Tulse Hill and Upper Tulse Hill around 1821 to open up the area for development.
Book about the Belchamber family who lived in AP from 1851 until the early 20C